KGC is a world-class Scottsdale-based consulting firm specializing in the renewable (green and clean) energy space. Our clients are primarily private equity groups that hire us to help them manage their renewable energy businesses. We provide a suite of services including outsourced accounting, consulting and financial reporting to our clients.
Our firm is a strong and active advocate of charities and ongoing team development, education, and work/life balance. Together, we make a difference by helping clean energy businesses through technology, efficiency, industry expertise, and teamwork.
The renewable green energy revolution continues, and our clients continue to grow in size and complexity.
We manage approximately 300 companies and growing. We do monthly hard-close and issue financials for all clients/companies by the 10th business day. Audit ready!
Outside of the close we help our clients with acquisitions, debt raises, equity raises, derivative including hybrid financial instrument accounting, VIE analysis, international and other complex transactions. This includes all of the US GAAP technical accounting.
Manage the external audits – no audit adjustments and no audit comments
Our Guarantee is: “We never miss a deadline”
- Handle complex and high-volume payables, purchase orders and operational issues
- Manage a variety of vendors including a few with international operations
- Handle customer billing including referencing energy contracts when needed
- Deal with non-accountants (operations management, vendors and customers) which requires great inter-personal communication skills to get needed supporting data, answer their questions and ensure proper account coding
- Handle high-volume 1099 processing
- Follow our internal processes and controls
- Ability to work with various software, our ERP and Accounting Systems including posting journal entries and importing data
- Manage external auditors
Our group supports both the Client and the CPA’s that comprise our Client Service Team. To succeed must be:
- Extreme attention to detail
- Work with a sense of urgency under pressure
- Team player
- Problem solver as new issues arise constantly because the renewable energy industry is dynamic and growing
- Committed to excellence
- Care about client and fellow team members
Payables must processed correctly, and on-time along with questions answered quickly!
Success is measured:
- By the number of companies, which will vary in complexity that you could manage, with no significant errors and within the deadline.
- Innovative suggestions to improve efficiency
- Building stronger client and team member relationships
- Growing and learning
- Ability to assist managers with ad hoc projects
- A Team Player
- Committed to Excellence
- Looking for a challenge to grow
Are you a fit?
- Available to work one day from the office, for weekly meetings, the other 4 are hybrid can be office or from home
- AA in Business (Accounting major preferred) is desirable
- Technology savvy with experience in a paperless environment, image document management
- Personal qualities of integrity, willingness to learn, take direction, credibility, a proactive/self-starter, hands-on individual who will work cooperatively with other team members and client senior management
- Experience and understanding of accounting software
- Keen analytic, detailed oriented, organization and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls is required