Are you ready to make a difference?
KGC is a world-class Scottsdale-based consulting firm specialized in the renewable energy space. Our clients are primarily private equity groups that hire us to help manage their renewable energy business. We provide a suite of services including outsourced accounting, consulting, and financial reporting to our clients.
Our firm is a strong and active advocate of charities and ongoing team development, education, and work/life balance. Together, we make a difference by helping clean energy businesses through technology, efficiency, industry expertise, and teamwork.
- Handle complex accounting and operational issues
- Manage international operations including foreign exchange translations
- Deal with non-accountants (operations management) which requires great inter-personal communication skills to get needed supporting data
- Manage multiple consolidations in the ERP and Accounting System
- Manage external auditors
Each client has a Client Service Team. Each team member will handle a certain number of the client’s businesses and has substantial authority.
To succeed must be:
- Team player
- Problem solver as new issues arise constantly because the renewable energy industry is dynamic and growing
- Committed to excellence
- Care about client and fellow team members
Assigned companies must be closed within deadlines in an audit-ready format – this requires Teamwork!
Success is measured:
- By the number of companies, which will vary in complexity that you could manage, with no significant errors and within the deadline.
- Innovative suggestions to improve efficiency
- Building stronger client and team member relationships
- Growing and learning
- Ability to assist senior managers outside of the close period
- Available to work one day from the office, for weekly meetings, the other 4 are hybrid can be office or from home
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting and CPA (or CPA Eligible with at least education requirements fulfilled)
- At least 2 years of recent audit experience with a Big 4 accounting firm (or national firm), or equivalent experience in corporate accounting
- Must be IT proficient
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls is required
KGC CORE VALUES
- Teamwork, coaching & teaching: We believe that we are better together than solo. A genuine desire to help one another drives the success of our Firm, Clients and Community. Individual talent might win a game, but teamwork wins championships.
- Resiliency: we can adapt in real-time to changing needs so that we may provide peace of mind in a chaotic world. We are continuously flexible and thrive in rapidly changing circumstances.
- Can do attitude: we are fearless and always ready to tackle the challenge at hand.
- Caring: we genuinely care. We are kind, courteous and seek to understand the views and feelings of others. We are empathetic.
- Excellence: we are committed to personal and professional excellence.
- Innovation: individually and collectively, we are always seeking a better way.
Our firm is a strong and active advocate of local businesses and nonprofits, as well as ongoing staff development, education, and work/life balance. We are delighted to offer:
- Hybrid remote position (Phoenix metro area required for weekly in person meetings)
- Flexible work environment (including optional time off each 3rd Friday of the month)
- Competitive salaries
- Company 401k match
- Paid vacation + paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits: medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability