Hybrid Role (Remote & In-Office)
Our Firm provides outsourced accounting and financial reporting services to various clients in the renewable energy space. We are seeking a qualified candidate to serve in an associate position with our Firm.
This position will mainly be responsible for managing several clients’ accounts payable, tracking lease payment schedules, building vendor relations, and reporting payables data. A candidate with strong understanding of GAAP, Excel, and accounting software, as well as a desire to build strong relationships with team members, all levels of client management and vendors would be most successful in this hands-on role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analyze, process and code vendor invoices (i.e., full accounts payable cycle)
- Set up new vendors
- Answer team, client, and vendor questions regarding accounts payable
- Assist with processing of 1099s
- Assist with invoicing customers
- Applying customer payments and updating accounts receivable
- Posting journal entries
- Maintain and adhere to strict internal controls
- First line responsibility over accounts payable
- Ad hoc reporting
- Various projects as assigned by the management team
- This is an extraordinary opportunity for a mature individual with two to four years of corporate accounts payables, accounts receivable or bookkeeping experience.
Other qualifications include:
- AA in Business (Accounting major preferred) is desirable
- Technology savvy with experience in a paperless environment, image document management
- Personal qualities of integrity, willingness to learn, take direction, credibility, a proactive/self-starter, hands-on individual who will work cooperatively with other team members and client senior management
- Experience and understanding of accounting software
- Keen analytic, detailed oriented, organization and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including keeping senior management informed